If you have been wondering how you can support the 2SLGBTQI+ community, we have good news. A new partnership between Ontario’s Highlands Tourism Organization (OHTO) and Canada’s 2SLGBTQIA+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC) is giving Ontario’s Highlands’ tourism operators and stakeholders an opportunity to participate in the Rainbow Registered Accreditation Program for 2SLGBTQI+ and show their pride for all walks of life.
*For a limited time this opportunity is free of charge to Ontario’s Highlands’ small businesses (10 employees or less).
What is Rainbow Accreditation?
The Rainbow Registered accreditation program is a national accreditation for 2SLGBTQIA+ friendly businesses and organizations. The “Rainbow Registered” symbol is an easy way for customers to recognize they are safe and welcomed at a specific business, and is an excellent way for business leaders to do their part in supporting diverse voices and orientations.
The process to become accredited is an easy to follow, step-by-step progression to demonstrate their market readiness to welcome members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
Why Become Rainbow Registered?
Supporting all members of the community is not only the right thing to do, it’s also good for business. Tourism operators who go through the accreditation process can benefit by:
• Supporting the 2SLGBTQIA+ community and ensuring they know they will be welcomed and accepted at your business.
• Proudly displaying the Rainbow Registered trademark in your business.
• Receiving Rainbow Registered Welcome Kit (window decal, desk card)
• Receiving a free listing in the Rainbow Registered directory.
• Receiving the Rainbow Registered website badge.
• Access to the CGLCC Associate Member Benefits.
Sign Me Up!
Are you sold? The application process for the accreditation program is quick and easy! For a limited time, Ontario’s Highlands members with less than 10 employees are able to access this program at no charge.
To sign up for a promo code and complete the program for free, please complete this short questionnaire. A member of the OHTO team will follow up with you in a few days with any follow-up questions and/or provide you with your promo code. Please note: promo codes are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Once you receive your promo code, you can begin the process:
1. Visit the CGLCC program page and refer to the Rainbow Registered Application Guide.
2. Click on the Start the Process button and choose your appropriate business size. If you are new to CGLCC you will need to create an account first. Click Continue.
3. Enter your coupon code and credit card information (for future billing purposes).
You can feel good knowing you are supporting an inclusive environment for all, and acting as an industry leader in fostering goodwill for all members of society.
What is the CGLCC?
The CGLCC links 2SLGBTQIA+ businesses in Canada to the wider business and corporate community. It fosters economic growth by supporting and nurturing 2SLGBTQIA+ businesses, entrepreneurs, students and allies, and by helping Canada’s corporate world connect with the 2SLGBTQIA+ business community.