Official Contest Rules & Regulations
By entering this Contest, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules. The decisions of the independent contest organization with respect to all aspects of the Contest are final.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: The Tourism Starts with You Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by the Ontario’s Highlands Tourism Organization (the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Times (“ET”) on March 21, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on June 30, 2011 (the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry and who are not employees of the Sponsor, its affiliated companies or agents, their respective advertising or promotional agencies, companies providing prizes for this Contest, or the independent contest organization or a member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons whom they are domiciled (whether related to the employee or not). In these Official Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner and/or spouse. Entrants under the age of majority must have a parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter the Contest and if a prize winner, to act on his/her behalf in regard to completing the Release Form, answering the Skill testing Question and accepting a Prize (see rule 6).
- HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: There are two (2) ways to enter the Contest.
i. Online: To be eligible for the Grand Prize, during the Contest Period, visit www.tourismstartswithyou.com or www.ohto.ca/tswy (the “Contest Website(s)”). Complete the online entry form (the “Entry Form”) with your full name, your city and province, and a valid email address. Next, complete the Entry Form fields indicating what your favourite attraction is within the Sponsor’s regional boundary, confirm compliance with the Official Contest Rules, and upon doing so, click “Submit” and you will be entered into the Contest. You may submit multiple attractions per Contest Period. Each submitted attraction counts for one (1) Entry. You will receive one (1) additional Entry if you have submitted an image or video of your attraction. You will also receive one (1) additional Entry for each time you share any submitted attraction on one (1) of the listed social media sites through the buttons on the Contest Website(s). Entries must be received on or before 11:59:59 PM (ET) on June 30, 2011 (the “Contest Closing Date”).
ii. Mail: To be eligible for the Grand Prize, during the Contest Period, on a plain piece of paper, hand-print your full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), and a valid email address. Include the name and location of your favourite attraction within the Sponsor’s regional boundary, and the reasons why you have selected it. Submit your entry to: Ontario’s Highlands Tourism Organization, 9 International Drive, Suite 129, Pembroke, ON, K8A 6W5. Submissions must be received by the Contest Closing Date.
- PRIZE: There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won, consisting of an Apple 32GB iPad 2 with Wi-Fi and 3G. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $779.00 (CDN). The Grand Prize must be accepted as described in these rules and cannot be substituted for another prize or exchanged in whole or in part or for cash. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute another prize or component of a prize with one of equal or greater value, without liability.
- DRAW: One (1) random draw will be held on July 4, 2011 at approximately 10:00 AM (ET) (the “Draw Date”) at the Ontario’s Highlands Tourism Organization office at 9 International Drive, Suite 129, Pembroke, ON from among all eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Date. Odds of being selected depend on the total number of eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Date. Each selected entrant will be contacted by email within five (5) business days of the Draw Date. If a selected entrant (a) cannot be reached by mail or telephone within five (5) business days of the Draw Date; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill testing question (see rule 6); or (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time (see rule 6), then he/she will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made by email with a selected entrant or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant.
- To be declared a winner, each selected entrant (or parent or legal guardian if entrant is under the age of majority) must answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill testing question posed by email and will be required to sign the Release Form confirming compliance with the Official Contest Rules and Regulations, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, without substitution, and releasing the Sponsor, its affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent contest organization and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Prize or this contest. The Release Form must be returned within the time period specified on the Release Form or the Prize will be forfeited. Prizes will be arranged through the Sponsor thirty (30) days of receipt of the duly completed Release Form.
- GENERAL: By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges with respect to all aspects of the Contest, which are final.
- The Sponsor accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by or resulting from the Contest or any Prize associated with this Contest. By entering and accepting a Prize, each winner consents to the use of his/her name, city and province/territory, and/or photograph, without further remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to this Contest.
- The Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete or destroyed entries; all such entries are void. The Sponsor will not be liable for any failure of the Contest Website, does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry material/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. The use of an invalid email address will disqualify the entry. Users spamming the same email address will disqualify the entry. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s). In the event it is determined that an entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these rules, the entrant will be disqualified and all of the entries submitted by the entrant will be disqualified.
- The Sponsors reserve the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Date. The Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest, including, but not limited to, any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of the entrant’s participation in this Contest.
- All entries become the permanent property of the Sponsors and none will be returned. All entries and related intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright, become the sole property of the Sponsor, without compensation to entrant. Upon entry each entrant irrevocably waives all moral rights protecting the entry. Entries, may, throughout the Contest and thereafter, be distributed, used, reproduced, exhibited, donated, sold and/or displayed by the Sponsor on their website, which rights are granted by an entrant to the Sponsor upon entry, all without notice or compensation to entrant. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrants after the Contest Closing Date. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- The Sponsor respects your right to privacy. Personal information collected from entrants will only be used by the Sponsor to administer the Contest. For more information regarding the manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information by the Sponsor, please visit http://ohto.ca/privacy-statement/