The OHTO is pleased to announce that we have made the process of listing vacation packages on the Ontario’s Highlands website more convenient. As an OHTO member, you are now able to submit a package via a convenient online form. Simply log into your membership account and click the ‘Submit a Package’ button and complete the online form. Once submitted, the OHTO will review the package, work with you to ensure the content is web ready and appealing to the target market, and post your package online on the consumer website at ontarioshighlands.ca.
What is a Vacation Package?
A vacation package is an easy way for your visitors to purchase their travel, taking the headache out of planning a trip. Packages typically include a combination of accommodations, activities, or services that are sold together to offer convenience and/or value to visitors.
Package Listing Options
The OHTO is pleased to offer members three package listing choices. Members may list packages and:
- Use the OHTO’s booking system to complete the purchase
- Link to an alternate booking system to complete the purchase
- Be contacted directly to sell it.
Simply tell us your preference on your package submission form.
- For members that opt to offer packages for sale through the online booking system, packages will be available for sale directly through our consumer website at ontarioshighlands.ca.
- Payment can be made by credit card: Visa, Mastercard, or Discover.
- As an introductory offer, all OHTO member packages will be listed for free.
- A 3% transaction fee to cover credit card processing charges will apply to all packages sold.
- Package administrators are able to update the package availability through their member account at ohto.ca. A summary of packages sold is also be available at this location.
- When a package is booked, the package administrator will receive an email.
- Payment for packages sold will be distributed to the package administrator on a regular basis from the OHTO.
- Members may submit more than one package, however please complete one form per package. If you are submitting a package for the first time, you must also submit a signed Terms & Conditions form (linked below depending on your package listing selection).
- Packages may be submitted to the OHTO at any time.
Packages may be day-trips or overnight adventures, and should have a preset number of nights and people included in the total package price. Visitors book by availability. Packages may include more than one business.
Overnight Package Example:
Snowmobiling Weekend Adventure
– 2 nights at [business name] hotel, for 2 adults in a deluxe suite
– 3 days of snowmobile rentals, for 2 adults
– $50 dinner voucher for [restaurant] in [nearby town]
Day-Trip Package Example:
Rock on in Ontario’s Highlands
– Trip for 2 to three local geology sites, [site 1], [site 2], [site 3]
– Lunch for 2 at [local restaurant]
– Transportation to all sites included, pickup and dropoff from [location]
If choose not to use the online form, please download and submit the Application and Terms & Conditions forms, linked below, to ac.otho]ta[gnigakcap
If you have questions, comments, or feedback about this program, or need assistance in submitting a package, please contact ac.otho]ta[gnigakcap
Addtional information is also attached below in the OHTO Packaging Program document.