Working collaboratively with the tourism industry, its communities and partners, the OHTO functions as an industry led Not-For-Profit Corporation governed by a Board of Directors who is responsible for setting strategic objectives, developing policies and monitoring the Executive Director for operational performance. The Executive Director, in collaboration with the Board, develops and manages the operational plan to achieve the strategic objectives.
Directors are actively engaged with tourism businesses and/or have significant knowledge of local and regional tourism issues and they ensure member input is collected and considered when establishing the strategic objectives. They contribute diverse skills and an understanding of the region’s tourism assets, challenges and opportunities. They are committed to, and will attend, scheduled meetings to actively and positively participate in discussions. They follow a Code of Conduct and Confidentiality which is outlined in a Board Manual. Each Director is expected to serve the OHTO membership as a whole.
The 2016/2017 Board of Directors includes:
- Chief Governing Officer: Melissa Marquardt, Ottawa Valley Tourist Association
- Vice Chief Governing Officer: Amanda Virtanen, County of Haliburton
- Marie White, Lanark County Tourism Association
- Laurel Smith, Classic Theatre Festival
- Byron Hermann, Fans of Calabogie Bed and Breakfast
- Kasey Rogerson, Hastings County
- Karen Warner, Bridging Dimensions
- Bob Mingie, Lanark County Tourism Association
- Tegan Legge, Haliburton Forest
- Hazel Lambe, Town of Bancroft
- Cathy Trimble, North Hastings Economic Development Committee
Directors are elected on an annual basis and members interested in seeking a seat on the OHTO Board are encouraged to contact Bob Mingie, the OHTO Nominating Committee Chair before completing the Application for Nomination.