On behalf of the OHTO Board of Directors, I would like to thank all of you who attended our 6th annual OH!Tourism Summit in Perth. It was an excellent event that drew stakeholders from across the region for two days of learning, networking and some wandering fun!
Our annual general meeting kicked things off on day 1 which saw the approval of our 2015/16 financial statements and changes to our bylaws, as well as the election of the 2016/17 board of directors who I am pleased to introduce to you below:
· Chief Governing Officer: Melissa Marquardt, Ottawa Valley Tourist Association
· Vice Chief Governing Officer: Amanda Virtanen, County of Haliburton
· Marie White, Lanark County Tourism Association
· Laurel Smith, Classic Theatre Festival
· Byron Hermann, Fans of Calabogie Bed and Breakfast
· Kasey Rogerson, Hastings County
· Karen Warner, Bridging Dimensions
· Bob Mingie, Lanark County Tourism Association
· Tegan Legge, Haliburton Forest
· Hazel Lambe, Town of Bancroft
· Cathy Trimble, North Hastings Economic Development Committee
The role of the board is to set the strategic direction for the organization, develop policies and monitor performance. The board is also responsible for creating the link between the ownership (our stakeholders) and the operational organization. In a couple of weeks, the board will be meeting for our annual retreat where we will be setting the strategic direction for the coming year, as well as establishing our ownership linkage plan.
Exciting times are ahead as we continue to work together to grow tourism in Ontario’s Highlands!
Chief Governance Officer, OHTO Board of Directors
PS – Mark your calendar for next year’s OH!Tourism Summit - October 23-24, 2017 - we hope to see you there!