Greetings from the Chair!
Happy New Year to all our members and stakeholders of the OHTO! The board has been very busy on your behalf, having now completed an intensive period of strategic priority setting, one of the major responsibilities of any board of directors. We are very pleased to announce that we have now approved the following strategic priorities for the OHTO for the 2013/2014 fiscal year:
- Engage and educate stakeholders on a regular, timely and consistent basis.
- Remain at the forefront of industry trends and communications.
- Ensure our governance model effectively tracks the progress on strategic goals.
- Differentiate the region from our competitors through improving existing and creating new tourism experiences.
- Encourage and provide opportunities for tourism businesses to develop skills to improve business efficiencies and to exceed both industry standards and consumer expectations.
- Differentiate the region from our competitors through unique, cutting edge and measurable marketing that effectively reaches our target markets.
Now that we have these strategic priorities in place, the board is now better prepared to monitor operational performance to ensure that these priorities are appropriate, and to keep track of how we are progressing as an organization with real, measurable data. Our commitment to our members includes keeping you informed of this progress.
At the same time, the board has also discussed and approved a new vision statement for OHTO, which captures the essence of what we are trying to accomplish:
Vision Statement of OHTO: Inspiring travel to Ontario’s Highlands through tourism excellence.
Our OHTO Manager, Nicole Whiting, has now developed a comprehensive operational plan based on the board’s strategic priorities that arise out of this vision. We look forward to working with our members, our staff and our board in fulfilling the potential that our vision, priorities and operational plan represent as we move into 2013 with clarity of purpose and – perhaps the most integral component – optimism for the future.
It’s a great way to start 2013!
Classic Theatre Festival